Saturday, November 23, 2013

My crazy week with my thoughts & singing Blood, Sweat and Tears...

This has been an exhaustive week for me.  Personal troubles... people with grudges who are too stubborn to listen to reason, mechanical difficulties, and people with money who are too cheap to help them self feel better and live safer!  There was animal abuse, child abuse, drug sellers in the area, reliving Kennedy’s death, chopping wood, no money, no gas, no minutes... and so I started singing Blood, Sweat and Tears….ME a folk music fan. 
I'm not scared of dying
… And I don't really care..
. If it's peace you find in dying
… Well, then let the time be near..
If it's peace you find in dying…
And if dying time is here…  just bundle up my coffin
'..Cause it's cold way down there
… I hear that it's cold way down there
... Yeah, crazy cold way down there.
I have friends and neighbors with serious troubles I wish I could help, my cat whose is sick that I may have to put down, Thanksgiving coming and a snow storm and fridgid cold arriving after my pellet stove quit in the middle of the night. 
So I spent the cold night and day tearing it up to fix it.  Found a rubber band in the pellets… a new bag!  It set up the auger… God I hate people who can’t do one job right!  Made me think of that old story “The Devil and Daniel Webster” and I could have been Jabez Stone who sold his soul for prosperity!
Now troubles are many, they're as deep as a well… 
I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell…
Swear there ain't no heaven and I pray there ain't no hell
…But I'll never know by living, only my dying will tell
…Yes, only my dying will tell, yeah, only my dying will tell…
So I looked to the bright side.  I at least am free to continue to work.  I have two new books coming out this week - one a cookbook the other a Madison County History Coloring Book for young folk.  I have the knowledge to fix most anything I own… and a crazy group of friends who I drag along on this bumpy ride in life that I am “thankful for!”  So…
Give me my freedom for as long as I be
…All I ask of living is to have no chains on me…
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me…
And all I ask of dying is to go naturally… 
Oh, I want to go naturally…
So I guess it’s on to another week…
I hope you all have a good one!  I hope you stay home and enjoy your family and or friends.  If you are alone - I hope you enjoy remembering only the good and fun times.  If you are ill - I wish you good health.  To our soldiers - I hope you are safe. 
My life’s mantra has been “You can’t go back you can only go Forward…to wherever or whatever that is.”
Don't want to go by the devil..
. Don't want to go by demon… 
Don't want to go by Satan… 
Don't want to die uneasy… 
Just let me go naturally!
Life goes on… really it does - you can see it in the eyes of the children watching the parades on TV, old folk looking at the turkey and remembering good times when their children were children!
And when I die and when I'm dead, dead and gone
… There'll be one child born..
. In our world to carry on, to carry on!
Have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!

Lyrics by Laura Nyro!!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment