Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Winter, the color white and Kermit the Frog!


I know I am going to catch some flack from some of you but....I hate winter....

While wandering around the internet I found that there is a historical marker for Kermit the Frog and he (sort of) links in a strange sort of way back to the Leland family....as Jim Hanson his mentor is from Leland, Miss.  founded by Lelands. This is just what you would expect from a "History Junkie" right!

And altho winter in all it white is a drab part of our culture… I know so many of you like it… I know you sports enthusiasts love it…I know you can take pretty pictures…but really...not much color out there.

Some say it is a empty page for us to gather our thoughts and actions together on, write ourselves a note on what we want to do in the spring kind of a thing.  It is a long list for gardeners, yard keeping people, and those with swimming pools…but for me…nothing.

White is white…cold, without color except gray and dirty in places or mixed with dirt and muddy at thaw.  Some think winter brings a special solitude that only comes when the earth is sleeping beneath its white clean blanket…. poppycock…snow is cold, kills, threatens, and breaks the spirit of the poor, homeless, elderly and cold…snow is snow and it is white!

I know optimists will hate my feelings and spiritualists will poo poo this as white is “Pure & Holy”, but white is white …it is boring and snow is COLD!

So butt out of the happy thoughts and pray for a thaw and hope for a new color…GREEN… but then again...”its not easy being green!”













No comments:

Post a Comment